Saturday, July 24, 2010

Public Speaking

I know...me and public speaking seems like a bit of an oxymoron but sometimes I even surprise myself :) Of course the audience plays a big role in how comfortable a speaker feels.

Sunday July 11th I was graciously invited to speak briefly at Calvary Baptist Church in Webberville, MI about my ministry efforts. The goal was to raise awareness of my ministry to Bhutanese refugees in Lansing and gain financial support to allow this ministry to grow. This was my first opportunity to speak at a church and needless to say I was very nervous about the whole thing.

Immediately after walking though the door my family and I felt a sense of belonging. The folks at Calvary were very welcoming and accommodating. It was like this: as soon as I walked through the door my nerves were instantly calmed. God was present...I could feel it. I spoke after the first set of worship songs and then enjoyed the rest of the service. I got some really positive feed back on my presentation and was introduced to some folks who were really interested and excited about my ministry. All in all, it was a very relaxing and productive morning.

My hope is that God will provide me more opportunities to speak at other churches in the Lansing area. It was delightful to meet new people and participate in their worship service. I'd love to extend a huge "THANKS!" to Pastor Scott and the folks at Calvary Baptist Church. You guys rock!


No comments:

Post a Comment